Tuesday 6 January 2009

Our First Flutter

In my very first blog I mentioned that one of my hobbies was horse racing and that I compiled my own Private Handicap. I also said that if I thought a horse had a good chance of winning I would publish it in the Journal. These are free tips purely based on my own personal opinion, they are published with the view that they will create interest and provide us with a bit of fun. I, nor anyone else can guarantee a horse will win and I do not profess to be a professional punter. If readers wish to back these selections, that's fine, they are welcome to do so. However, I would never urge anyone to bet heavily on any horse race. The golden rule is never bet more than you can comfortably afford to lose. Here are the details of our first bet.

Tuesday 6th January. Southwell 3.40
* Came Back *
Came Back, a 6.y.o chestnut colt by Bertolini, trained by Ann Stokell, runs in the Arenapleasureplc.com Handicap at local track Southwell. Won twice on this track in December, in both a seller and claimer, winning both times over todays trip of 6f. Despite stepping up in class and carrying top weight Came Back still looks ahead of the handicapper and can win again. Lets hope the selection can kick us off to a good start.