Saturday 30 January 2010

Who Am I?

Test your showbiz celebrity knowledge with our latest Who Am I? puzzle. Study the 10 clues listed below and they should lead you to a well known celebrity. Can you work out who it is?

01 I was born on 6 August 1937.
02 My place of birth was Shoreditch, London.
03 I was the only child of John and Rose Deeks.
04 My father was a costermonger and my mother a dressmaker.
05 I passed the 11+ exam with the highest marks in North London.
06 I gained a place at Our Lady's Convent in Stamford Hill.
07 My mother paid for me to have elocution lessons.
08 I became an actress, making my stage debut at the age of 13 and my West End debut in 1952 in the chorus of the musical 'I Love Judy'.
09 My first film role was in 'The Belles of St Trinian's'.
10 I was awarded the MBE in the Millennium honours list and now appear regularly on television.

Who do you think this is? Answer in tomorrow's Journal.