This tiny Soho pub stands on the corner od Bateman and Frith street. The current pub was built in 1897 on the site of a previous pub of the same name, built in 1734 in the grounds of the Duke of Monmouth's mansion. Locals included Constable and Mozart. Frith street was one of the first streets built in Soho, a former royal hunting ground, 'Soho' is an old hunting call. Today, tiles in the front bar depict a dog with a duck in its mouth.
Reproduced by kind permission of Pubs.com