Thursday 30 April 2009

My Computer And I

I was interested to read that her Majesty The Queen has entered the world of modern technology. By all accounts she now has her own email address. This revelation apparently came to light at a party, given by the 81-year-old monarch, for the Household Cavalry. The Queen is already the proud owner of a mobile phone and an iPod mini. According to the report the Queen stops short of typing the emails herself, preferring to dictate them instead. Buckingham Palace declined to comment on whether Her Majesty had her own account. The Queen is said to be in regular touch with her grandchildren by email and uses her mobile to send text messages to Princes William and Harry. Last year she made her Christmas Day message available for the first time as a podcast. Clearly, the Queen is very proud to be seen embracing new technology, and quite rightly so too. The next time I invite readers of the Journal to email me with their answers to a puzzle, I shall eagerly await the replies with added interest.