Monday 6 July 2009

Why God Made Mums

A further offering of answers given by 2nd Grade school children to the following questions.


What kind of little girl was your Mum?
1 My Mum has always been my Mum and none of that other stuff.
2 I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3 They say she used to be nice.

What did Mum need to know about Dad before she married him?
1 His last name.
2 She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3 Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your Mum marry your Dad?
1 My Dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mum eats a lot.
2 She got too old to do anything else with him.
3 My Grandma says that Mum didn't have her thinking cap on.

Who's the boss at your house?
1 Mum doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because Dad's such an idiot.
2 Mum. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3 I guess Mum is, but only because she has a lot more to do than Dad.