Saturday 5 December 2009

Who Am I?

Below you will find 10 more clues in our latest Who Am I? puzzle. Correctly answering these clues will lead you to the identity of today's mystery celebrity.

01 I was born on 3 August 1946.
02 My place of birth was Buckhurst Hill, Essex.
03 My great grandfather was a German Jewish immigrant.
04 I was elected chair of the Leeds University Labour Society in 1966.
05 I qualified as a barrister at Inns of Court School of Law and practiced criminal law.
06 I served as political advisor to Barbara Castle at the Department of Social Security from 1974-76.
07 I once worked for Granada TV current affairs series, World In Action.
08 In 2006 as a result of a Tony Blair reshuffle of ministers I became Leader of the House of Commons and Lord Privy Seal.
09 I am currently the Member of Parliament for Blackburn.
10 I am a prominent cabinet minister.

Can you guess who I am? Answer in tomorrows Journal.