Wednesday 18 March 2009

The Royal Oak, Scopwick, Revisited

Landlord of the Royal Oak, Scopwick, Frank Rainey,
entertaining his regulars with his accordion, (1940's).
A picture of me, with my father, taken at
my grandfathers house in Scopwick (1944).
The building in the background is the
Royal Oak Pulic House.
On the 12th February I published a photograph of the Royal Oak, Scopwick, dating back to the early 1900s, sent in by reader David Butler. On the same theme, David has sent in another photograph, probably taken around the late 1940s, showing pub regulars being entertained by the Landlord, Frank Rainey, playing the accordion. David has identified some of the people in the picture but we still need names for the three men seated in the centre of the picture, the lady standing at the back and the man in the top right corner of the picture. If any Journal readers recognise any of the unidentified customers please e-mail me at garlant@btinternet.com I would be very interested to hear from you.