Thursday 4 June 2009

Who Am I?

Ten more tantalising clues in our latest 'Who Am I?' puzzle. Ten clues that should lead you to the identity of a well known person.

01 I was born on 14 May 1956.
02 My place of birth was Salford.
03 When I was 5, along with my brother Stephen, I played a street urchin in 'A Taste Of Honey' in Salford.
04 I graduated from Trent Polytechnic with a BA(Hons) degree in law.
05 I began my career as a trainee solicitor with Salford City Council in 1978.
06 I stood against Neil Hamilton in Tatton in 1987.
07 I was elected labour MP for Salford in 1997.
08 I was Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Minister of State at the Department of Health, Alan Milburn.
09 As a member of Tony Blair's government I launched the 5-a-day campaign.
10 On 3 June 2009 I announced my resignation from the cabinet at the next reshuffle.

Who do you think our mystery well known person is.