Monday 26 October 2009

Who Am I?

Below are ten clues for today's 'Who Am I' puzzle. From these ten clues can you identify the well known mystery celebrity we are looking for? I think you will find it is quite difficult!

01 I was born on 9 July 1957.
02 My place of birth was Parsons Green, London.
03 I am an English comedian, writer and actor.
04 I am probably best known for my cutting wit.
05 I was voted one of the ten greatest wits of all time, alongside Oscar Wilde, Spike Milligan, Noel Coward and Winston Churchill, in a poll by the Guardian.
06 I have married three times, to actress Caroline Quentin, actress Sarah Parkinson and fellow improviso Suki Webster.
07 I underwent severe depression, followed by a complete mental breakdown.
08 I am an ardent fan of silent comedy, about which, I have presented a TV series and written a book.
09 I have been a member of The Comedy Store Players since 1985.
10 In 1999, I starred alongside Ronnie Corbett as one of the ugly sisters in ITV's Christmas pantomime.

Good luck with identifying this well known celebrity!