Saturday, 13 February 2010

Roswell UFO Incident (Part 4)

Other accounts of aliens and alien spacecraft recoveries
Numerous other people say they heard reports of aliens and an alien craft from others. In some cases, several people heard similar alien stories from the same person. Several others claimed to have seen or handled material which was of alien origin.
Barney Barnett story. Accounts of an alien recovery at Roswell emerged in "The Roswell Incident", by Charles Berlitz and William Moore, published in 1980. An incident recounted by soil engineer Barney Barnett to various people was mentioned, where Barnett said that he and a team of archaeologists stumbled across a flying saucer crash with dead aliens on the Plains of Augustin, near Socorro, New Mexico in July 1947. The military arrived almost simultaneous and led them away.

Dr. Charles Bertrand Schultz, vertebrate paleontologist from the University of Nebraska. Schultz told a similar crash story, but closer to Roswell. Schultz said he had been in Roswell at the time and while driving out north of town along Highway 285, had seen a military cordon blocking access west of the highway. Later he met with archaeologist Dr. William Curry Holden of Texas Tech, who told him he and his archaeological team had been at a crash site north of Roswell and west of the highway and had come across a strange craft with alien bodies. They contacted the military, which took them away when they arrived.

Retired Air Force Brig. Gen. Arthur E. Exon, a former commanding officer at Wright-Patterson AFB, has been identified as the highest-ranking military figure to suggest that an alien spacecraft and bodies could have been recovered at Roswell in 1947. He cautioned that though his information was second-hand, it came from men directly involved whom he knew personally and trusted. Exon said he was told about anomalous debris analysis at Wright-Patterson. "A couple of guys thought it might be Russian, but the overall consensus was that the pieces were from space ..... Roswell was the recovery of a craft from space. "He said he was also told about bodies being recovered from a nearby related crash site. He flew over the area a few months later and saw at least two impact regions. He said the whole matter was covered-up at the highest levels of government.

Chester Lytle, an engineer who designed and manufactured the implosion detonator for the first A-Bomb and subsequently held top-secret clearances with the Atomic Energy Commission and other government agencies, related in 1998 that former Roswell base commander Gen. William Blanchard, a personal friend, told him in 1953 that Roswell was the crash of an alien spacecraft and four dead humanoid bodies had been recovered. From another high Air Force source, Lytle said he learned some of the bodies had gone originally to Muroc Army Air Field, but all eventually wound up at Wright-Patterson AFB in a highly secure facility, Lytle related he also learned some details about the autopsy's carried out on the bodies.

CIC agent Lewis Rickett said he accompanied Sheridan Cavitt to the ranch, witnessed high security and a large military debris recovery, handled strange metal debris, and saw a gouge in the ground. In September 1947, Rickett said he and Cavitt assisted astronomer Dr. Lincoln La Paz try to determine the speed and trajectory of the device that crashed on the Brazel ranch. "According to Rickett, La Paz formed the opinion that [the object] was a probe from another planet." Rickett said they found a touchdown point five miles (8 km) from the debris field where the sand had crystallized, possibly from the heat. Shortly before he died, it is also claimed that he confirmed that the object's shape was long, thin with a 'bat-like' wing.

Colonel Edward Easley, Roswell base Provost Marshal in charge of the Military Police. When asked what happened, he said he had sworn a security oath and couldn't talk about it. However, when asked if the extraterrestrials theories was the right path to follow, Easley replied, "Let's put it this way. That's not the wrong path." It is also claimed that Easley's doctor, Harold Granik, and a granddaughter, reported that Easley spoke about the "creatures" at Roswell on his deathbed.

Lydia Sleppy was a teletype operator working at an Albuquerque radio station in 1947. She said they received a telephone call from John McBoyle of KSWS Radio in Roswell. In her affidavit she recalled McBoyle saying, "There's been one of those flying saucer things crash down here north of Roswell. "He'd met Brazel in a coffee shop. Brazel said he'd discovered the object and "had towed it underneath a shelter on his property. Brazel offered to take McBoyle to the ranch to see the object. McBoyle described it as a "big crumpled dishpan." She added the FBI then interrupted the teletype as she tried to send it and ordered that they cease transmission. She said he boss, Karl Lambertz, spoke to McBoyle the next day. "He told Mr Lambertz the military had isolated the area where the saucer was found and was keeping the press out. He saw planes come in from Wright Field, Ohio, to take the thing away." The station owner, Merle Tucker, confirmed hearing the story at the time. In an interview shortly before his death, McBoyle confirmed seeing an object that looked like a crushed "dishpan," about 25-30 feet long, impacted in a slope.

Bill Brazel Jr. reported that his father towed a large object off the field and stored it in a livestock shed. Marcel in one early interview likewise recounted Brazel showing the largest piece he had found about 10 feet (3.0 m) in diameter, which he had dragged from the field.

Frank Joyce, Roswell radio KGFL news announcer, said he spoke to Brazel when he first reported the incident to Sheriff Wilcox. In earlier interviews, Joyce wouldn't discuss the details of what Brazel told him, saying only that he didn't believe the story, but suggested he report the incident to the base. After Brazel gave his press interview, he called Joyce again and said, "We haven't got the story right." Brazel went to the radio station and told Joyce a balloon story. Joyce responded, "Look, this is completely different than what you told me on the phone the other day about the little green men. Joyce said Brazel responded to the effect, "No they weren't green. Our lives will never be the same again." In more recent interviews as first reported by Tom Carey and Don Schmitt in 1998, Joyce has explained this cryptic conversation by saying Brazel first mentioned small, nonhuman beings when he first spoke to him. Initially Brazel was highly stressed over the large quantity of debris that needed to be cleaned up. "Who's gonna clean all that shit up?" Then Joyce said Brazel really began "losing it", talking about "horrible stench" from the dead "little people" he had found at another location. Joyce suggested maybe he had found monkeys from a military experiment. "They're not monkeys, and they're not human!" Joyce then went on to explain that his "little green men comment [referred] back to our original phone conversation." Roswell researcher William Moore originally attributed Joyce's "little green men" story to newsman Walt Whitmore Sr. as he was dying instead of Brazel. Joyce reviewing Moore's transcripts told Moore he had misquoted him, and Moore agreed he had gotten his notes confused and later corrected the quote. In all other interviews, Joyce has always been quoted as attributing the LGM statement to Brazel.

According to Brazel's neighbor Loretta Proctor, her 7-year old son Timothy or "Dee" was with Brazel when he first discovered the debris field. But he was also with Brazel when he discovered something else at another site 2-1/2 miles to the east that left him deeply traumatized for the rest of his life. He never told her exactly what he saw there but did take her to the location in 1994 saying, "Here is where Mack found something else." Dee Proctor would also duck all attempts at interview and died in 2006. However, other rancher children are believed to have visited the site, including Sydney "Jack" Wright, who said that two sons of rancher Thomas Edington and one of rancher Truman Pierce's daughters got to "the other location." Wright in 1998 would state, "There were bodies, small bodies with big heads and eyes. And Mack was there too. We couldn't get away from there fast enough."

Private First Class Ed Sain was an MP in the 390th Air Services Squadron. On the evening of July 7, he and Cpl. Raymond Van Why were told to report to the ambulance pool outside the base hospital and boarded a military ambulance. It was driven north of town and then west into the desert. When they got there at night somewhere in the desert, there were a few tents and a number of floodlights. They were told to guard the entrance to the site from a tent set up for that purpose and to "Shoot anyone that tries to get in." They were returned to the base at daybreak. His son Steven said his father was still reluctant to talk about it, being under a security oath and fearing for his life. According to Steven Sain, his father told both him and his brother that his job was to "guard the bodies at the crash site," which he said "were kept in one of the other tents until being transported to the base." He also thought his father had seen the craft, because he said "it was the strangest thing he had ever seen in his life." Raymond Van Why's wife, Leola, said her husband first talked about it in 1954 when he got out of the service. He told her that he had been a guard at a crash site "out in the desert" where a spaceship had crashed, "My husband told me that it was a UFO that had crashed, that it was a round disc ..... he was out there and saw it!"

Sgt. LeRoy Wallace was another MP in the 390th Air Services Squadron. According to his widow, he was called away one evening to go to a crash site outside Corona "to help load the bodies." When he returned home the next morning, the first thing she noticed was the horrible stench on his clothes, which she burned. The horrible smell lingered on his body for another two weeks despite repeated bathing.
In tomorrows Journal (Part 5) - more descriptions of bodies, one alien still alive, crashed craft driven through town to base on 18-wheeler truck under armed escort, medical staff transferred.